Prickly Pear Vinegar : Extra Bio Diet
It has been used in traditional Mediterranean medicine for their hypolipidemic and weight-reducing properties.
BIO VALLEY prickly pear vinegar is certified organic according to European standards.
BIO VALLEY has opted for the long fermentation of organic prickly pear juice in special barrels using the artisanal method which is 100% natural and organic.
Our vinegar comes from a double fermentation:
- Alcoholic fermentation: sugars are transformed into alcohol.
- Acetic fermentation: alcohol transforms into acetic acid.
This condiment no longer contains alcohol at all since it has been transformed into acetic acid under the action of bacteria.
The composition of Prickly Pear Vinegar:
Rich in trace elements (iron, calcium, potassium, sulfur, phosphorus, silicon, boron, magnesium, fluorine, sodium), vitamins, enzymes and amino acids, Acetic acid 4°.
The composition of vinegars from other fruits:
Low in calories, Free from lipids, Traces of protein, Low in carbohydrates, No vitamins, Low in sodium, Low in calcium, potassium, copper and zinc.
The effects of prickly pear vinegar
Experimental studies suggest that prickly pear vinegar can prevent obesity induced by high-fat diets and obesity-related cardiac complications, and that this prevention may result from the powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
Drinking vinegar effectively reduces total caloric intake by up to 275 calories during the day, making prickly pear vinegar an ally for weight loss if the diet is balanced and physical activity is regular.
The Benefits of Prickly Pear Vinegar
The right concentration of fiber :
– controls weight
– regulates the absorption of fats and carbohydrates at the intestinal level
– Eliminate toxins that have accumulated in your body
The acetic acid contained in vinegar :
– influences blood sugar levels and therefore
– it regulates weight
– prevents rapid increases in blood glucose
– can lower blood sugar levels by 30%
May increase insulin sensitivity :
A study in Diabetes Care showed that ingesting vinegar significantly improved insulin production by up to 34% in people with type 2 diabetes or resistance to insulin
Vinegar may support heart health by helping keep cholesterol levels low. An experimental study showed that incorporating vinegar into the diet could reduce LDL cholesterol while increasing beneficial HDL cholesterol levels.
High blood pressure is a major risk factor for heart disease. Vinegar can improve blood pressure Experimental studies have shown the hypotensive effect of acetic acid and vinegar by blocking the effects of a specific enzyme, which raises blood pressure (renin-angiotensin system)
VFB suppresses digestive fermentations. It removes fecal odors caused by scatol and indole, substances formed by the breakdown of food in the intestine. It sterilizes environments conducive to the cultivation of germs. Facilitates digestion and intestinal transit
Is there a risk of using prickly pear vinegar?
• Vinegar is diluted acetic acid with a concentration between 4.1% and 12.3%.
– The WHO summarized the scientific literature on the effects of acetic acid on human health in 1998
– The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) also evaluated acetic acid (2008, 2009, 2012 and 2013 )
– The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) 2007-2017
No risk of toxicity for daily consumption regardless of age and physiological state
– Acetic acid is rapidly metabolized to water and carbon dioxide.
– It is produced endogenously and reacts with enzymes to form acetyl-CoA which serves as a source of energy for the body
No risk of carcinogenicity (EFSA 2013)
• Vinegar could be used daily
– On an empty stomach to purify the body (diluted in lukewarm water)
– Before meals to help
• To reduce the glycemic indexes of foods and subsequently lose weight
• To increase the sensitivity of the insulin especially in subjects at risk
• To improve digestion
Instructions for use:
- dilute 2 tablespoons of prickly pear vinegar in a glass of lukewarm water which should be consumed 1 hour before meals. Consume 3 glasses of water per day.
- Never consume vinegar pure, it must always be diluted in water.